Wednesday 19 May 2010

60s inspired range coming soon

Over the next few months I will be working on my first range of 60s inspired mod clothes which will be going on sale in Brighton in time for the August bank holiday Mod rally (or maybe before if I get them done!) I'm starting off with a small range of three pieces which will be available in sizes 8-16, and one or two limited candy stripe tunic tops

First up will be a blue gingham mini dress,
Very similar to the above styles but with a white peter pan collar and no belts or pockets, just a nice simple summer dress, lined in my fav faux silk for extra lushness!



Second will be a similar shape but navy wool blend with red and white ribbons appliqued vertically down the front, a classic mod dress and wardrobe essential!

Third will be a gorgeous fully lined red wool blend skirt with cute little pocket flaps and buttons. The pics below are of the prototype I made for my fav customer in navy, so it will be exactly the same only in red!

Shame I took these pics before my shiny new dressform had arrived so you can't see the shape properly, but don't worry I'll make sure to take some of the new ones!

Finally I'll be making a couple of button back tunic tops in a gorgeous candy stripe fabric. There will only be a few of these as all I could find was a large off cut, so they are very limited! One has already been ordered so I will make another one or two in sizes 12 and 14 unless a specific size is requested before hand.

See isn't it pretty!!! The pic below (pattern on the left) is the rough style I'm going for only with front darts and some cute funky buttons down the back to give it a cool twist!
Time to let lose my inner mod!

No comments:

Post a Comment